In this method, the abrasive used is pellet available in two basic configurations (obviously
not the only ones), as:
- broken cast steel shot,
- round steel shot.
Hardness and density are the basic parameters differentiating both these blasting media.
Broken steel shot is used for:
- removal of old protective coatings,
- removal of metallurgical and rolling scale,
- roughening of metal surfaces before painting,
- cleaning of steel and cast iron castings.
Round steel shot is mainly used for:
- cleaning and smoothing castings and metallurgical products,
- removal of metallurgical scale from metal sheets and sections
- removal of sharp edges from metallurgical products.